The iMac “Core i5” 3.1 27-Inch Aluminum (Mid-2011) is powered by a Quad Core 3.1 GHz Intel “Core i5” I5-2400 (Sandy Bridge) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 6 MB shared level 3 cache. In lieu of a system bus, it has a “Direct Media Interface” (DMI) that “connects between the processor and chipset” at 5 GT/s.
By default, it is configured with 8 GB of RAM (1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM), a 1 TB (7200 RPM) hard drive, a vertically-mounted slot-loading DVD R DL “SuperDrive”, and AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory..
Connectivity includes four USB 2.0 ports, a Firewire “800” port, built-in AirPort Extreme, Gigabit Ethernet, and an SDXC card slot as well as dual “Thunderbolt” ports that are backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, likewise, each support an external display up to 30″ (2560×1600). Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
- Introduction Date: May 3, 2011
- Discontinued Date: October 23, 2012
- Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
- Processor Type: Core i5 (I5-2400)
- System Bus Speed: 5 GT/s
- Cache Bus Speed: 3.1 GHz (Built-in)
- ROM/Firmware Type: EFI
- RAM Type: PC3-10600 DDR3
- Min. RAM Speed: 1333 MHz
- Standard RAM: 4 GB
- Maximum RAM: 32 GB
- Video Card: Radeon HD 6970M
- VRAM Type: GDDR5
- Standard VRAM: 1 GB
- Maximum VRAM: 2 GB
- Built-in Display: 27″ 16:9 Widescreen
- Resolution Support: 2560×1440
- 2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring (x2)
- 2nd Max. Resolution: 2560×1600
- Standard Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Storage Dimensions: 3.5″ (26.10 mm)/2.5″ (7 mm)
- Storage Interface: Serial ATA (6 Gb/s)
- Standard Ethernet: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Standard AirPort: 802.11a/b/g/n (450 Mbit)
- Standard Bluetooth: 2.1 EDR
- USB Ports: 4 (2.0)
- Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2429)
- Product Dimensions:20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inches
- Avg. Weight: 30.5 lbs.
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.