The Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.8 (Mid-2010/Nehalem) is powered by a single 2.8 GHz Quad Core 45-nm Xeon W3530 (Nehalem) processor with a dedicated 256k of level 2 cache for each core and 8 MB of “fully shared” level 3 cache. Via custom configuration, it also could be equipped with a single 3.2 GHz Quad Core “Nehalem” Xeon (W3565) processor or a single 3.33 GHz Six Core “Westmere” Xeon (W3680) processor.
By default, it was configured with 3 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM, a 1 TB (7200 RPM, 32 MB cache) 3Gb/s Serial ATA hard drive, an 18X dual-layer “SuperDrive” and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory.
Expansion includes two external 5.25″ “optical” bays (one free by default), four internal 3.5″ “cable-free, direct attach” hard drive bays (three free by default), and four PCIe 2.0 slots (one free PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and two free PCIe 2.0 x4 slots with the default single graphics card installed).
Ports include five USB 2.0 ports, four Firewire “800” ports, dual Gigabit Ethernet, two Mini DisplayPorts and a dual-link DVI port, among others. AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR is standard.
Although the “Mid-2010” models look essentially the same externally as the “Early 2009” models, all “Mid-2010” models are equipped with faster graphics and there are significant technical differences for the higher-end “Westmere” model as well with faster processors and as many as twelve cores (two six core processors) via custom configuration.
- Intro Date: July 27, 2010
- Hard Drive: 1 TB (7200 RPM)
- Int. HD Interface: Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)
- Standard RAM: 3 GB
- Maximum RAM: 48 GB
- Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
- Processor Type: Core Xeon W3530
- System Bus Speed: 4.8 GT/s
- RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3 ECC
- Min. RAM Speed: 1066 MHz
- Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
- VRAM Type: GDDR5 SDRAM
- Standard VRAM: 1 GB
- Native Resolution: 2560×1600
- Built-in Display: None
- 2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring
- 2nd Max. Resolution: 2560×1600
- Standard Optical: 18X DL “SuperDrive”
- Standard Modem: None
- Standard Ethernet: Gigabit (x2)
- Standard AirPort: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Standard Bluetooth: 2.1 EDR
- USB Ports: 5 (2.0)
- Firewire Ports: 4 (800)
- Expansion Slots: 4 PCIe 2.0
- Apple Order No: MC250LL/A
- Model ID: MacPro5,1
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 8.1 x 18.7
- Avg. Weight: 39.9 lbs. (18.1 kg)
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.